This website, coinhq.co and its related applications offered by CoinHQ (the Platform) is
operated by Trinity (NZ) Limited, trading as CoinHQ (or “CoinHQ”, “we”, “us”, and “our”).
CoinHQ recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information. This Privacy
Policy outlines the way in which CoinHQ manages the personal information we collect, use and
hold about our customers, potential customers, and others.
Your privacy rights
- By accessing or using our Platform, any of our products or services, contacting us,
visiting any of our websites, or otherwise providing us with your personal information,
collection, use, disclosure, storage and retention of your personal information by CoinHQ
the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at
CoinHQ must comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act)
when dealing with your personal information. Any personal information you provide to
changes in our products, services and processes or to reflect legal or business
requirements. Any amendments will be effective immediately from the date they are
posted on our website, unless we make any substantial amendments that may affect
your privacy rights, in which case we will provide you with 14 days’ notice by posting
an advance notice of the revised policy on our website and/or notifying you by email.
What kinds of personal information does CoinHQ collect?
The type of personal information we collect and hold largely depends on your
engagement with us, but may include:
- contact details, such as your phone number and email address;
- personal details, such as your name, address, date of birth, passport or
driver’s license, source of funds, bank account number, and an identification
photo of you;
- purchase details, such as your cryptocurrency addresses, wallet details and
- details of any enquiries or requests made to us, and our responses;
- device details, such as your IP address, information about your access and
use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your
communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type
of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet
service provider; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a
third party in connection with our lawful functions.
- In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely
impact our ability to supply the relevant products and/or or services to you
How we use information that we collect about you
- We collect personal information in order to provide our services to you, including
cryptocurrency exchange services (Services) and to manage your account with us.
- process and fulfil your orders;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services and your account
with us, including communicating with you via phone, text, and email and
otherwise to manage our relationship with you;
- manage and prevent fraud, criminal activity and other risks to our business to
protect the security of our customers, Services and others;
- for our internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to provide, troubleshoot and improve our Services, including to provide
functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and
effectiveness of our Services;
- to comply with any legal obligations we may have or to comply with any
request by a regulator (including our obligations under the the Anti-Money
Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009, Financial
Markets Conduct Act 2013 (to the extent applicable to our Services));
- as otherwise permitted or required by the Privacy Act and other laws and legal
requirements to which we are subject; and
- for any other purpose expressly authorised by you.
Subject to your consent, we may ask you to share your personal and financial
information (including your personal online banking details) with our third-party
service provider, Illion Australia Pty Ltd (Illion), to perform digital data capture (the
collection and/or copying of your screen display data, including financial information)
on our behalf for the purposes of assessing your source of funds. You acknowledge
and accept that you are responsible for ensure that the sharing of your financial
information (including your personal online banking details) to us and Illion does not
breach any law or your banking terms and conditions.
Who we may disclose your personal information to
- In carrying out the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal
- our related companies in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy
- our third party service providers, who we have engaged to provide a service to
us or to assist us in providing our Services to you, for example, our mail
service, so that we can send you emails, and our credit card processor, if you
wish to use credit card payment services and our exchange provider, so we
can process and send you your order;
- our financial advisers, legal advisers and auditors;
- organisations engaged by CoinHQ to assist us in discharging our legal
requirements, such as APLYiD and First AML who assist us to discharge our
obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of
Terrorism Act 2009;
- courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities where required by law; and/or
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
- If we need to disclose your personal information to third parties outside of New
Zealand, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to
offshore disclosures of personal information including, if necessary, ensuring that
those third parties are subject to privacy obligations that overall provide comparable
safeguards to those in the Privacy Act.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
- You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date,
and that when acting on behalf of a business or another individual, you are authorised
to give such information to us.
- You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the
details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
- Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you are entitled at any time to
request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you by
contacting us at [email protected]
- Where we no longer required your personal information for any lawful purposes, we
will comply with our legal obligations to securely delete or destroy that information.
Security of information
- We take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. We do not
make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or
transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent
disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been
Links to other sites
- Our website may have links or references to other third-party websites. This Privacy
Policy does not apply to those websites and CoinHQ takes no responsibility for the
privacy practices of other third parties or their websites.
Address details Of Trinity Ltd, trading as CoinHQ
- The address of Trinity (NZ) Limited, as the agency collecting and holding your
personal information, is: 48 Greys Avenue, Auckland Central 1010.